Sunday, March 20, 2011

2007 Terre d'Ardoise Carignan Vieilles Vignes (Old Vine Carignan)

Hello everyone!! This was a beautiful little wine from Campbell Station Wine and Spirits. I believe I paid $11 or $12 for this little gem. I'm developing a real love of these light French reds. They are so very food friendly, and they happen to pair well with the foods that we eat, especially chicken and pork. This wine was a deep ruby red with a touch of brick at the edge of the glass. On the nose were aromas of toasty oak, raspberry, vanilla, a touch of licorice and a bit of dried leaf or mulch. The flavor was similar to the nose but what I really liked about this wine was the wonderful silky texture. It was nicely balanced, very smooth and pleasant to drink. The body was light to medium. We had this wine with chicken in shallot sauce, roast broccoli, and Italian bread. It was delicious! I ran right out and bought two more bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment