Sunday, March 20, 2011

2009 Pinot Noir D'Autrefois

Hello everyone!! I got a new stove this weekend! And to try it out I fixed game hens stuffed with farro. They were little gems of deliciousness. The acid of this wine cut through the richness of the little birds. It was a great pairing! I got this wine at Total Wines in Atlanta for $10. It was listed as a staff favorite, and at this price I just couldn't pass it up. The color was ruby, of medium depth. It had a very nice bouquet that rose up out of the glass to greet me. It contained aromas of plum, blueberry, vanilla and flowers (violets?). The flavor profile was true to the nose. What I really liked about this wine was the bright acidity. It had a freshness to it that was very complimentary to the food. Once again the French win me over with a well balanced, food friendly, elegant wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment